Top 5 Places to Visit in Hawaii
1. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – One of the most unusual and magical tourist attractions in the world and definitely a very important and well-visited one on the Big Island is the Hawaii Volcanoes, National Park. The park is actually a home to two active volcanoes named Kilauea (one of the world’s most active volcanos) and Mauna Loa (the world’s biggest shield volcano). The natural site has a lot of significance for the Hawaiian culture and history too as it is the home of the Goddess Pele and the region has been settled for at least 700 years.
2. Honolulu – Not a single trip to Hawaii will be completed without visiting the most popular city on the islands archipelago and the state capital – Honolulu. Honolulu is the epitome of a sun, sand, and summer holiday at its finest, a unique, eclectic, exciting and charming city that offers a lot to do, experience, and enjoy for sure. Waikiki Beach is often a highlight of the visit. Some of the most spectacular views in Honolulu can be experienced thanks to a short climb to the Diamond Head Crater.
3. Waimea Canyon – Waimea Canyon for Hawaii is what the Grand Canyon is for the entire country. Located just a few miles inland of the Na Pali Coast of Kauai, Waimea Canyon welcomes you with a breath-taking beauty and jaw-dropping views. The lush spots of greenery among the desert-like landscape make this natural wonder a must-visit when in Hawaii.
4. Haleakala National Park – Haleakala is the shield volcano forming more than a half of the island Maui and tops more than 3000 meters at its peak. Haleakala National Park is the name of the area surrounding the volcano, revolving around the enormous crater that adds up a lot for the unique lunar landscape. The most popular way to explore the park is a haven for hiking enthusiasts and professionals. The best views are expecting you along the trail leading to the Ka Luu o Ka Oo cinder cone.
5. Lanikai Beach – The search on paradise on the Earth will definitely lead you to Lanikai Beach as a final destination. The infamous heavenly beach is located on the eastern coast of Oahu and just a 30-minute drive from Downtown Honolulu. However, it definitely feels like you are not on this planet and not even in this world. All you will find on Lanikai Beach is fine white sand, clear blue water, and the pleasant shade of the occasional palm trees, and this is more than enough.