Top 5 Places to Visit in New Jersey
1. Atlantic City – Atlantic City is definitely the most popular destination in the state of New Jersey as a home of the Miss America pageant. The city boasts with waterfront activities and entertainment including the famous wood-plank Boardwalk and Gender’s Basin, plus waterfront dining, shopping, and some activities for the outdoor types such as fishing and dolphin sighting cruises.
2. Ocean City – Located in southern New Jersey’s Cape May, Ocean City is a very popular destination for family holidays and it provides activities, entertainment, and fun for all ages. Ocean City is so popular that despite the fact it is not very populated with its 12 000 residents, the city is attracting a million visitors every year. The boardwalk in Ocean City houses a couple of amusement parks with thrilling roller coaster rides. The beaches of Ocean City are considered to be among the best in the state of New Jersey.
3. Delaware Water Gap – Away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, New Jersey is offering a truly memorable and enjoyable outdoor experience thanks to its infamous Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. The reasons why this area is so visited in the 65-km stretch of the Delaware River running through New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The section of the river running through the Delaware Water Gap is a wild and very scenic one and offers a bunch of activities for the adrenaline-seekers such as hiking the Appalachian Trail, fishing, canoeing, horse riding.
4. Princeton – The town of Princeton is mainly known for the Ivy League member the Princeton University but there is more to be explored and enjoyed in this little town of less than 30 000 residents. The townhouses Drumthwacket that is the official residence of the governor, however, the capital of New Jersey is Trenton. Princeton is also a home to several Fortune 500 companies and numerous tourist attractions including the house where Einstein lived, the infamous Washington Oak, the notable Princeton eatery known for its sub sandwiches Hoagie Heaven, and more.
5. Wildwood – Wildwood is a primary town popular among holidaymakers and located in Cape May County. The visitors are mainly coming from the areas of New York and Philadelphia. Wildwood offers plenty of entertainment and fun for all ages, from the cool amusement parks with roller coasters, Ferris wheel rides, to beautiful beaches and boardwalks with plenty of shops and restaurants. Do not miss to visit The Doo Wop Preservation League Museum too.