Top 5 Places to Visit in Michigan
1. Mackinac Island – Looking for an idyllic island destination in the state of Michigan? Mackinac Island is your answer! On this beautiful, charming, and atmospheric island it feels like the time has stood still and to add up to the overall unique feeling, motor vehicles are permitted on the island. Instead, the area offers 70 miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails for any outdoor enthusiast, as well as a variety of water sports on the Lake Huron. Do not miss exploring the beautiful coastline by hopping on a Great Turtle Kayak Tour or the Mackinac Island Carriage Tour, visit the historic Downtown Mackinac and enjoy its historic buildings.
2. Ann Arbor – Ann Arbor is one of the most vibrant, lively, and interesting places you can visit in the state of Michigan. The place is simply jam-packed with cultural, historic, and outdoor attractions including the few interesting city museums and especially the University of Michigan Museum of Art, the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History and Planetarium, the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum.
3. Holland – Enjoying the distinctive Dutch atmosphere and culture is easy and you don’t even have to leave the USA so simply visit the city Holland in the state of Michigan. The unique city atmosphere is offering an almost authentic experience you can enjoy in the namesake European country, including walking through tulip fields, visiting a working Dutch windmill, relax on the shores of Lake Michigan, or enjoy sailing, paddle boating, and kayaking. In addition, Holland is a perfect destination for couples as it is one of the most romantic places in the state of Michigan.
4. Traverse City – Situated on the southern tip of Traverse Bay and with an excellent access to miles of beautiful and picturesque beaches, the location of Traverse City is least to say amazing and enviable. However, enjoying the beach life is definitely not the only thing available in Traverse City to the tourists and visitors as this place simply oozes with “small provincial town” charms and joys. With its thriving art scene, including the Traverse City Orchestra at the City Opera House, the Interlochen Center for the Arts, and the Dennos Museum Center, plus a plethora of activities for the outdoor enthusiasts including hiking, biking, and all sorts of watersports, Traverse City is simply a must-visit in the state of Michigan.
5. Lansing – Lansing is yet another amazing Michigan getaway destination that offers all sorts of activities for all ages. Some of the highlights in Lansing include visiting the Michigan State Capitol Building in Downtown, the fascinating Impression 5 Science Center, the Michigan Historical Museum, the R.E. Olds Transport Museum, and much more. A Makes and Shakes tour is yet another interesting way to explore another city of this city by visiting the many atmospheric wineries, breweries, and distilleries.