Top 5 Places to Visit in Indiana
1. Cataract Falls – Cataract Falls is the largest waterfall in the state of Indiana located in the Cataract State Park. If you are a hiking enthusiast but not a professional there is no place to worry, because you can still enjoy the beautiful scenery since the trek to Cataract Falls is of a moderate difficulty and less than three miles in length. The best time to visit this natural wonder in Indiana is between December and May.
2. Brown County State Park – Attracting over one million visitors every year, Brown County State Park is the largest state park in the state of Indiana. Named after General Jacob Brown, the state park is also often referred to by its nickname the Little Smokies because it resembles the appearance of the Great Smoky Mountains a lot. In addition, the place is offering many great opportunities for horse riding, trekking and hiking, mountain biking, and more.
3. Kissing Bridges – One of the main tourist attractions in the state of Indiana due to their beauty and unique appearance, the Kissing Bridges attract a lot of visitors every year mainly because of the romantic atmosphere surrounding them. The structures can be found all over Brown County and 21 of them are still in a great use. In addition, you can find many romantic notes left by the visitors that are not covering many of the bridges. The name Kissing Bridges comes from the fact that back in the past these structures used to be the only place where couples in love managed to find some privacy.
4. Kesling Wetland and Farmstead – One of the best places to explore and enjoy Indiana’s nature up in close is the Kesling Wetland and Farmstead. This marsh and slough wetland community house a little part of the unique state’s natural environment and wildlife. In addition, Kesling Wetland and Farmstead’s sunsets and sunrises are considered to be extra beautiful and magical so make sure to visit.
5. Turkey Run State Park – Featuring a 14-miles-long stretch of beautiful and picturesque land with many challenging trails, Turkey Run State Park is definitely a must-visit in the state of Indiana and a home to the Rocky Hollow Falls Canyon Nature Preserve. Formed by the sandstones in the park, the canyon can be experienced and enjoyed from six trails running through the park. The park is also a home to the infamous Turkey Run Inn, where you can also enjoy a great meal at one of the finest restaurants in the state – the Narrows Restaurant.