Top 5 Places to Visit in Tennessee
1. Lover’s Leap – The state of Tennessee is a home to many natural wonders and landmarks all worth visiting, but perhaps one of the most interesting and exciting out of them is Lover’s Leap that offers the unique chance to not only enjoy stunning natural setting, but also spot 7 states – Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Virginia! Another unique experience of Lover’s Leap is spotting the rare white Fallow deer within the Rocky City attraction. The best and most jaw-dropping views are offered when crossing the exciting and spectacular Swing-A-Long bridge and enjoy this magical land surrounding Lookout Mountain.
2. Great Smoky Mountain National Park – Located on the border between Tennessee and North Carolina is the Great Smoky Mountain National Park – one of the most visited destinations in the USA. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a real heaven for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers with the many hiking, biking, fishing, and camping options it offers. Leisure activities are well-introduced within the grounds of the national park too. Cades Cove is the most visited and popular destination within the park that also has two visitors’ centres – Sugarland Visitors’ Center and Oconaluftee Visitor Center.
3. Big South Fork National River – Covering an enormous part of the Cumberland Plateau, one of the most beautiful and spectacular natural places you can visit in the state of Tennessee is the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Park. The park itself has a rich and interesting history of the impressive 10 000 years and the natural setting is not making an exception when it comes to the significance of the part with a large array of scenic gorges and sandstone bluffs. Camping enthusiasts will highly appreciate the area that offers five camping grounds. In addition, do not miss taking a dip at the Bandy Creek Swimming Pool when in the area.
4. Rainbow Hall – Rainbow Hall, is one of the most amazing and spectacular natural sights in the state of Tennessee, is simply calling your name whenever you are visiting the state. In fact, not a single trip to Tennessee will be completed without visiting this wonderful places located in Rock City. The concept of the sight is pretty simple yet still very amazing and attractive for all visitors, so if you have ever wondered what Chattanooga would look like with a pink or purple filter added, here is your chance to find out through the windows of Rainbow Hall covered with a coloured gel for a spectacular effect.
5. Rock Island State Park – Rock Island State Park is, indeed, one of the most beautiful destinations you can visit in Tennessee. One of the highlights of the park is the Great Falls Gorge. While having a major natural and historic significance, it is definitely not the only place to keep you occupied and impressed as you can also visit the cascade waterfall spilling down from an underground cavern into the park’s Caney Fork called Twin Falls. You can find Rock Island State Park located on the headwaters of Center Hill Lake.