Top 5 Places to Visit in Maine
1. Acadia National Park – Acadia National Park is the only national park in the whole region of New England and a home to breath-taking and pristine views and abundant wildlife. Acadia National Park offers endless opportunities for outdoor fun and adrenaline-seekers can choose from hiking, climbing, kayaking, or biking. The carriage road system originally developed by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. offers a number of excellent points of interest. Among the most popular drives in Arcadia is Park Loop Road.
2. Bar Harbor – The lively and charming town of Bar Harbor is located on the northeast shores of Frenchman Bay and is the largest community on Mount Desert Island. Some of the highlights you can experience in Bar Harbor include shopping at a myriad of cute and unique shops and boutiques, visiting the many cool galleries, enjoy an excellent selection of atmospheric restaurants, visiting Bar Harbor Historical Society, Abbe Museum, and Asticou Azalea Gardens.
3. Portland – Portland is the largest city in the state of Maine, a charming place of ornate mansions, breath-taking ocean views, especially those of Casco Bay, the atmospheric cobblestone streets of the revitalized Old Port District, unique and independent boutiques, shops, art galleries. The city of Portland is also known for its local breweries and a number of water-based activities you can enjoy when visiting including whale watching, lobster boat tours, fishing, ferry cruises, and much more.
4. Kennebunkport – Located in southern Maine, Kennebunkport is an atmospheric and charming city offering an array of attractions and things to enjoy. The city is mostly known for its historic 18th-century homes, the Dock Square lined with cafes, art galleries, upscale boutiques. A home to one of the largest beaches in the region, Kennebunkport is a hotspot for grand mansions and cool hotels overlooking the surf including Walker’s Point.
5. Camden Hills State Park – Camden Hills State Park caters for the needs and preferences of all sorts of visitors offering different kinds of attractions and activities that you can enjoy. When in the area, make sure to spend some time in a scenic drive, hiking, and even camping. Many visitors also spend their time at the park in exploring it by a ferry ride tour out to the nearby islands. If you are a more of an adventurous type of traveller, you will particularly enjoy the opportunities for kayaking, windjammer tours, fishing charters. Once you are tired from exploring Camden Hills State Park, you will enjoy taking a break and having a lunch at the Oceanside picnic area.